What is the OCS controller? Technical information
The OCS controller series are a set of controllers that combine the functionality of a PLC and a HMI in a single compact component. The controller offers control, a built in and remote I/O, an operator interface and impressive networking abilities. OCS controllers are connected to machinery with the use of the WebMI software package. This means the controller is connected to the internet and is considered part of the the Internet of Things (IOT).
Some of the key features that come with an OCS controller are as followed;
- Free integrated web server
- Free IEC 61131 configuration tool-Cscape
- Integrated HMI and logic programming
- Secure Cyber-security
- Level-Based Object Security
- IOT protocols – Internet of Things
- HTML5 & Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
If you would like to find out more about the technical capabilities, see our article here. We also have this older article about the OCS range that should be of interest as the content is still relevant here.